Useful in countless industries including: general fabrication, metalworking, manufacturing, wood-working, plastics, furniture, upholstery, garments, machining, sign-making, boat manufacturing, replacement parts, prototyping and more. Trace lines, arcs, curves, points, circles. Trace point to point or continuously.
- Generate DXF files with Arcs and Lines or Polylines
- Convert DXF files to other formats
- Trace object on digitizer using pen stylus or cursor
- Place object directly on digitizer or trace from template on digitizer
- Pen can register almost an inch above surface of board, trace through paper, cardboard, plastic, mylar
- Create accurate graphics files of objects in minutes
- Normal scaling is 1:1 with the ability to easily rescale dimensions
- English and metric units
- Arcs created by digitizing endpoints and any middle point
- Complex curves can be created using polylines or by digitizing multiple points with arcs created automatically
“I am amazed by its simplicity, Logic Trace can do the job in half the time, is cost effective, and increases productivity. I was digitizing patterns within an hour of installing the software. I would highly recommend this product as it is user friendly, very reasonably priced and completes its task with precision. Congratulations on a great product.” Manny Ornelasa
A Digitizing Board is an electrical-magnetic board and pointer (pen or cursor) that can send highly accurate XY points to a computer program. The board is about an inch thick, contains an electrical grid underneath with a hard Formica surface. The digitizer’s pen or cursor (mouse-like device with magnifying glass and crosshair) creates a magnetic field which is “sensed” by the electrical grid in the board. Press the tip of the pen or push a button on the cursor and a highly accurate XY point, representing this location, is sent to the computer through a USB connection. The Logic Trace software then turns those points or stream of points into a DXF file. Most Logic Trace clients prefer using the pen stylus to trace around the edge of a part or pattern.
The pen stylus does not need to be touching the board, the board can sense the tip of the pen almost an inch above the surface without losing accuracy. Digitize through paper, plastic, cardboard, glass.
- Tracing – Freehand drawing: continuously trace the outline of a part or a hand-drawn image.
- Lines and Arcs – Digitize points and have the points connected with lines or arcs.
- Combination – Toggle between freehand tracing and points connected with lines and arcs
- Curve Fitting – Digitize a series of points along a smooth curve and the software fits a Bezier curve-fit line through all the points
- Circles – Digitize any three points on a circle (ie at the top, lower left and lower right and the software uses those three points to calculate and display the circle)
Works with many popular CAD softwares: QCAD, LibreCAD, Autocad, PlasmaCAM, Mastercam, Mach3, Bobcad, Vectric, Vcarve, SigmaNest, Solidworks, Rhino, CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator, Gerber and many others. Exports a universal DXF File Format. Works with a wide variety of machines: plasma cutters, waterjets, laser cutters, vinyl cutters, plotters, any and all CNC machines.
Frequently users need the ability to cut multiple copies of the same part or the ability to arrange multiple parts on a sheet for cutting or printing. Logic Trace Easy Layouts makes this process very quick and easy.
- Easily add a full sheet of one part
- Add different parts are one design
- Choose where parts are going to be arranged
- Sheet size, width and height, can be set along with a no cut edge and space between parts
- Metric and english units
- Click on sheet with mouse to choose exact location
- Rotate parts and change sizes
- When finished create dxf, dwg, pdf, svg file
- Logic Trace Easy Layouts is an optional software ad-on and costs $1000 with the purchase of the Logic Trace Digitizing System.
Frequently in the CNC and CAD industries, users need to trace a picture file, image file or PDF and save the outline as a graphics vector file for loading into CNC and CAD software and hardware. Logic Trace On Screen provides this capability accurately and easily.
Start the Logic Trace On Screen software and load a picture, image, or PDF file. Set the scale by clicking any two points on the screen and inputing the distance between the two points. Trace the outline using the computer mouse, laptop trackpad, or pen stylus. Tracing can be done by freehand drawing, lines between points, arcs, circles, or curves. When completed save the graphics vector file as a DXF file, DWG file, PDF, SVG. Load the file into your CNC or CAD software or machine.
Logic Trace On Screen is an optional software ad-on and costs $500 with the purchase of the Logic Trace Digitizing System.
A product developed to expand the capabilities for tracing large templates, patterns or parts by using multiple digitizing tablets and Logic Jumbo Trace software.
Up to 16 boards can be connected and used at one time to digitize patterns up to 88′ in size (28 m) in size.
Accuracy across boards maintained through exclusive calibration.
Exclusive mounting hardware for connecting multiple boards in any user chosen configuration – rows, columns, squares, and L shaped. Boards can be rotated 90 degrees for additional setup variations. Modular system makes reconfiguration of tablets easy.
Sizes available include 5×8′, 5×12′, 5×16′, 8×11′ and larger. Metric sizes are 1.5×2.5m, 1.5×3.6, 1.5×4.8m, 2.4×3.3m